Does this piece disassemble?

A quick learner from Pasadena, CA says:
I think I have the base of this piece, but I can't get it out of the furniture. I do not have the spring or the piece that the spring pushes into the hole in order to attach the door. Can this hardware be disassembled?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If all you have is the base, then it will be difficult to remove from the door. There's no trick to it, or anything. These just plug in and unplug out. You'll have to find a way to pull it up and out of the hole. I would recommend needle nose pliers, if you haven't tried that already.

Thanks for the response, Tom. I can't dog the base out of the door of the TV stand. My hope is to buy the piece from Swisco, disassemble it, and use just the spring and plug (let's call it). Is that possible?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure that it is, but if you're handy enough then you may get something to work. These pieces aren't designed to work that way so it'll be a gamble.

You also mentioned that this is for a TV stand, which is a little worrisome. The 23-118 is strictly meant for use in wooden closet doors. I've never seen it used for anything else. There's a good chance what you have now isn't the 23-118, in which case you could have anything. It could be that it's not even meant to be replaced.

Thanks for this, Tom. I called it a TV stand because we put our TV on it, but the 23-118 is for the wooden doors that enclose stuff beneath the stand, like our DVD player and some other stuff. As I am not particularly handy, I may not be able to make this work. Thanks for all your help, though.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.