Door Guide Carpet Riser

A home owner from Albuquerque, NM says:
I have sliding by-pass closet doors. They are hung on an over head rail. I need to install the bottom guides. The floor is carpeted over concrete. Do I use the carpet riser you offer (23-221)? If so, How do they attach? If not, what do I use to attach a door guide?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For carpet, you will need the carpet riser. The holes in the carpet riser match the holes in the door guide, so you would use a long screw, like 1 1/4" to 1 1/2 long screws.
A home owner from Albuquerque, NM says:
How does the riser attach?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Image of the 23-221 and the 23-209B together.
First, you will have to install carpet riser. First step will be to drill through the carpet and into the concrete. You will need to use a masonry drill-bit to go into the concrete. After the holes are drilled, you need to install an anchor into the concrete. With the anchor installed you must use a flat head #8 X 1-1/4" screw to fasten the riser. Then with the riser installed, install your door guide with two #8 X 1/2" pan head screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.