Door Handle Assembly for Cole Sewell Storm Door

A home owner from St Louis says:
Looks like I'll soon need to replace my storm door handle assembly on a Cole Sewell door (Estate Series ES397951, for what that's worth). After reviewing articles on your site, it looks like I will not find an exact replacement since Cole Sewell is no more but it seems your 40-152 model Pull Handle Set *should* work. I've attached photos of what I have so please verify (or correct) my assumption. I'd like to get the outside handle in polished brass and would like the inside assembly to be white. (Same setup as I now have.) Can I order that combination for the presumed 40-152 or do I need to get a separate inside assembly? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220523_165416.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220523_165538.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Our 40-152 is a confirmed substitute for this old handle set so this should work fine for you. If you want a compatible inside latch that's white, see our 40-150.  

A quick learner says:
How does the exterior handle work to open the latch? I see how the push handle works on the inside, what about from the outside?
Profile picture of Emily

A spindle joins the exterior and interior handle together. When you turn one, the other turns with it. I hope this helps!

A quick learner from Portland says:
Emily

Thanks for the quick reply! So the front handle on 40-152 turns? It looks like it is a fixed pull.

Really appreciate this message board btw. Very reassuring
Profile picture of Emily

Correct, the 40-150 handle indeed turns. And that's great to hear! We're glad you found us! 

SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.