Door Knob & Lever/Latch lock Replacement set

A home owner from Eden Prairie MN says:

Hello,

Door is a Cole Sewell Cambridge series model 1530. CA385658. Home built 1985. Code 12729 Bronze which may have referred to the door knob/door lever set. Need to find replacement door knob and lever/latch because the slide bolt broke in half and storm door is now not able to lock. 5 photos of knob and lever set and storm door holes and door width.

Cole Sewell no longer in business. Sold out to Paella. Checked with local Alco Service Minnetonka MN and they did not have knob/latch replacement that locks.

Anyplace that would have replacement to attached photos? Thank You.

Beverly

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 026C9829-A191-4F9D-8018-F651EF5C439D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22C9923B-A9A0-4E95-9C2F-AFD9A38FF378.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DBC0EE7E-356D-4C11-B60E-D058237FABF5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7945BDCC-D446-4DE8-8574-F94C690D56F1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EBF3E85A-29C3-470A-8736-859E3C4842EC.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Beverly. Check out our 40-130, or perhaps our 40-152. These type of handle sets have been used to replace old Cole Sewell designs like yours in the past. Look them over and see if you think either could work for you.

Hello Bob. Thanks for your work. I was hoping there would be something closer to what I had but reading response it appears these are my only 2 options? The storm door itself is in good condition and certainly made better than the doors are made today so I don't want to have to replace the door just because the slide bolt broke. Is the 40?130 the only one that will lock the storm door? I appreciate your help .Thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the 40-130 would be able to lock the door. I am afraid there's nothing quite closer to this older Cole Sewell style with the knob. However, so long as the dimensions look right I do think the 40-130 can work for you, and thus there wouldn't be a need for more drastic action like replacing the door. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you. Please take care and God bless you.
A quick learner from Brooklyn NY says:
Good afternoon I missing the knob on my brass plate in order to secure the door. When I pick up the lever, the pin goes up and down I saw on the Piller website something similar so I sent you both pictures what I have and what I saw please let me know what you have available.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5D6759F0-8701-4825-8334-678F2504A08C.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not sell replacement hardware for this type of door. My recommendation would be to contact the original manufacturer directly for assistance.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.