Changing the angle of opening for a storm door closer

A quick learner says:
My storm door is opening too far and may one day touch the window that is right behind under the right conditions. Can I adjust my closer bracket somehow to change the angle of which the screen can open; I.e change from 90 degree opening to an 80 degree opening?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm actually not sure if that's possible, but I admittedly don't have a lot of experience with door closers. I'm going to send this to my colleague Dave, who is definitely the man you want to talk to about these parts. We'll try to get back to you soon.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, hopefully I can help. Reading your post, I would suggest installing the 40-036 storm door chain at the top of the door. That way you can shorten the chain to keep the door from opening too far.

How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.