Door 58-186 just a bit too small

A handy person from St. Albans, MO says:
I have received six (two orders of three each) 48 in Duodurometer Door Bottom Sweeps 58-186. Doors were thought to be 1 3/4 in. but are actually 1 7/8 in. Otherwise 58-186 would have been perfect. Three doors are 36 5/8 in wide and three are 37 1/2 in. Since threshold has sunk on the end of one door by hinge, I require a product that will conceal that when installed. On that door, gap between threshold varies from about 7/16 inches to minimal. Thus the reason for the wraparound version. Also, door is wood/metal swing in model. Doors are white so would prefer white sweeps. Jody suggested that you might be able to locate something that would meet all of these requirements that is not listed on website. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance. Earl
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
A door thickness of 1-7/8" is unusual. I have been searching everywhere but I cannot find a door bottom for a 1-7/8" thick door.

What do you think about cutting off the inside vertical lip off of the 58-186 and installing without it?. You will could use an adhesive, double stick tape, or maybe some nails or screws to attach the back part under the door.

As for the threshold being short, take a look at our 58-184 foam corner seal. Would that take up the gap on the threshold?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.