Door adjustment help

A quick learner from Fresno, CA says:
Hello,
I ordered some new weatherstripping from you which is fine except the door to frame is not consistent so there is still a gap at the higher point of the frame. Can the door be adjusted? There looks like some Allen head screws on the top hinge.
How do I seal the lock area? It cannot accept wool stripping.
Also the top of the door looks like a part is missing and no way to seal to frame, is that right? I have added a picture. Do I need a new top part?
User submitted photos of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you purchased our 58-099 wool pile before. We do carry the 58-105, which has the same backing, but its height is 11/32".

I'm not sure what you mean when you say there are Allen head screw on the top of the hinge. Take a look at the 58-184 foam pad. Could this help seal up the door on the top hinge side?

As for the top of your door, that's normally what the top of a commercial door looks like. I don't believe anything is missing. Take note commercial doors are made to open and close tons of times and take a lot of abuse. They aren't that good at keeping the cold out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)