Emco Glass Door clips

A quick learner says:
Door clips To hold the glass in place my door was made by Emco
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E515D833-0019-48A9-8384-B8D4A28A896F.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 600D8B35-982E-4F87-9436-70FAAD6BCFE9.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! Hopefully we can help. I can't clearly make out your clip from this photo, but since this is a Forever door there's a decent chance that it's discontinued and not something we can supply anymore. 

The good news is that this kind of part isn't exactly the most complicated piece of hardware in the world, so we have other options. Consider our 70-180, which is one clip I happen to use a lot. You may need to drill a larger hole to accept the new mounting screw (like our 33-020 or 70-112) but otherwise it should perform the same job as your old clip.

Look it over and let me know what you think, or if you had any questions.

A quick learner from Stratford Ct. says:
Will the drill bit work in a metal door and the Rivbit will they both work inside of a metal door
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your original clip was discontinued, unfortunately. Another option you should consider is our 70-092. This is what I usually use whenever I encounter your old Forever door clip. It won't have the stick on pad, but you can purchase that from your nearest hardware store. 

If your thumb screw is fine, you can reuse it. If it's missing, we have the 70-112 in various colors that you can use. If the screw is broken, you can use our 33-020 screw. That will require a 1/8" drill bit.

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.