Door handle lock disengages on its own

A home owner from Willow Grove, PA says:
Good Day,

I would like to replace my patio door handle because it is no longer function optimally it was a regular handle that locked from the inside. Can you let me know what are my options if I wanted to get a handle with a lock so my family can enter our home thru the patio door. Thank you so much for your help.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I have listed out each part I think you should look at below. Just be sure to compare the dimensions of each recommended product with your old parts just to be sure they match. 

For the Mortise Lock, take a look at our 82-218 or its stainless steel counterpart, the 82-243

For a Keeper, see our 89-020.

For a new Handle Set with a keyed lock already built-in, see our 82-086 Legacy Keyed Handle Set.

Again, take a look at all these parts, compare with your old components, and see what you think!

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.