Door handle replacement

A home owner from Tucson, AZ says:
I have a kitchen patio door. The handle broke on the outside. I would like to purchase the correct replacement parts. Please advise! Thank You!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1362.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1361.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1363.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 82-086. Go over the dimensions and see if you think this could work for you.

A home owner from Tucson, AZ says:
So I don't know how many other options that are in this range exist. So not 100% sure I have the correct model replacement recommended by you. You have the photo of the interior of the locket, and that matches??

Also, I want to confirm that the straighter edge on the replacement is just cosmetic, the photo I attached shows the JW with a more rounded top edge

Please confirm
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There are actually a bunch of different handle sets that could potentially replace this, but few of them come with a key lock quite like yours. They'll still work, but you'd have to purchase a separate key lock and then install it on the newer style. The 82-086 is a similar design, it comes with its own key lock, it comes in the same color, and it should be fully compatible with your door and mortise. Those are all the boxes we check before we recommend something and it's why we think the 82-086 is the best set for the job.

Besides that, we've also seen your door handle style a bunch of times in the past and we've had a lot of customers report success with the 82-086. The rounded edge of the back plate that you pointed out is indeed cosmetic. It doesn't have any impact on the function of the handle or door. In a worst case scenario, some of the outline of the old handle may be visible. 

We've never been able to find an exact match for your style, but in my experience the 82-086 is a splendid option. Let me know if you have any other questions!

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.