Door lock and handle needed

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
The first photograph is 1-15/16"Long by almost 1" wide(15/16) the door is 1"" thick.
The second photograph is where the handles go. 2 11/16 in Long by 11/16 in wide the screw holes are 3 15/16 in apart
This is a mobile home sliding glass door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15784967806804144344966149388529.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15784968270772513649326473829944.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We carry a ton of handles with a 3-15/16" hole spacing, but the cutouts in your door are very peculiar. I don't think any of our handles in that size will work. 

You may want to opt for one of our surface-mount handle sets. These are nice because they don't require any internal hardware to work, allowing them to work on just about anything. The issue is that few of our surface-mounts have a 3-15/16" hole spacing. 

Consider our 82-261. This may work well for your door, but look it over and let me know if you agree. We also have an unkeyed version, the 82-261B, and a version that lacks the mounting plates, 82-261C. Based on the cutout in your door though I think you'll want the plates.

I have a few more questions. What do those plates do? Where are they installed on the door? Also, I really appreciate all of your help so far. You really have gone above and beyond. Thank you.
Another question. 82 - 261C. Shows apart all the way on the right hand side in the picture. 82 - 261 B has the same part. What is this part? Is it the part that's installed in the door jamb or on the handle of the door itself?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The plates in question just go under the handle. It gives it a little something extra to sit on, and in your case they'd be beneficial since they'd cover that big rectangular hole in your second photo.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.