Identifying a door roller without removing it

A quick learner from Jacksonville says:
I want to order replacement rollers for my door but I don't want to have to take the door off to find out what ones I need and then have to take it apart to replace them I just wanted to to it once my door is 71" wide and 79" tall and each panel is 36" and the door has an aluminum frame I'm not sure if there is a standard roller I can get or if I have to take it apart and see what I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits all roller for patio glass doors. That would definitely be ideal, but it just doesn't exist. Most manufacturers would rather you pay for a whole new door when something goes wrong, instead of just one little part, so they don't have any interest in making things easy for us. 

In other words, it's impossible to know what roller you need without removing the original. That's just how patio glass doors are designed. You're also not going to find any kind of number, code, or sticker on your door that will ID it for you. Your only option is to remove the original.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

A quick learner from Jacksonville says:
I removed the door and took some pictures I just swapped the rollers out for the one in the stationary door for now and them seam to be working fine but I wanted to order a new set just incase and maybe one of the caps my rail seams Fine but there is one spot that is a little dis formed I think it's from the door rocking on the spot when it didn't want to slide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 10278286-AC28-4A39-8D15-07401B86B4F5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B65BEF19-E56F-4EDB-BBE7-E543C257339A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CDAD4632-0423-42BF-8FDA-7D7362560BB6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 40634A08-BB86-493A-BE0E-3A196DE89B02.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! These photos are perfect. The very first part to come to mind is our 81-157. In terms of style, this looks very similar to the part you're showing us here. However, our dimensions seem to differ a little. I would go over our measurements and triple check your own just to be 100% sure. Let me know what you think!

One thing to note about our dimensions is that the most vital measurements are the height and width of the housing and diameter of the wheel. The length isn't all that important, since there ought to be plenty of room in the track.

Alternate image for 81-157
Alternate image for 81-157
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.