Door sweep

A handy person from Chicago says:
The door on right has a sweep that fits in a groove. The other door appears to have a add on that is attached on the inside of the door. The groove is 1/2 to maybe 9/16. Would the 58-085 work? What is the max gap between doors would this be for? Then would a Astragal nylon brush sweep for for the never opens left side door attached to the inside?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. I'm not sure if I understand your question exactly. Did you  just need the side weatherseal? A "sweep" is a term specifically used for weatherseal on the bottom of your door, but your picture only shows the side. I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

The 58-085 is a pretty common weatherseal used for commercial doors. You can see its dimensions on its store page to confirm if it can fit in the gap. As for what kind of gap it can close, it's somewhat variable. Your door has an adjustment screw that, when turned, can push the 58-085 forward or retract it back. There's a good chance you can play around with it to fill the gap comfortably.

A handy person from Chicago says:
You have answered my question. Needed the side seal and with your explanation about adjustment. Your product will work. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! Glad to help. If you ever have any other questions just let us know. 

How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.