Door sweep

A quick learner from PA says:
I have a 10 yr old Steelmaster Entry Door System #949-HM (Steel on the outside & wood on the inside). The door measures 36" X 78". The company has since gone out of business. I need a new door sweep as the rubber on the current one is separating into what looks like 3 rubber strips or pieces and hanging down. It appears the door sweep is adhered to the bottom of the door with adhesive or maybe screwed on the bottom. It is not wrapped up the sides of the door & screwed on. Can you identify what your replacement part would be for this door sweep I need?
A home owner from PA says:
Correction to description of door. It not steel on outside. It is fiberglass on outside and wood on inside.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say what kind of sweep might fit your door. Can you tell me how thick the door is? As well, can you update me with a photo showing a side angle of the sweep? I want to see the unique curve of its profile.
The door is 1.75" wide.
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey there! Thanks for shopping with us. Unfortunately, there is no exact match for this sweep, but we recommend 58-176 as a possible substitute. Your old sweep has a single kerf that it uses to plug into the door. The 58-176 just wraps around the entire bottom of the door and installs on the sides using screws. This means it can work on a large number of doors without needing any kind of precise kerf placement. Let us know how this works out for you.
Thanks for responding Tom. We will check that out. Since we have that door painted white on the inside and cranberry on the outside I am not sure using the u shaped channel will look good but thanks for researching. Do you have ANY bottom mount that might work? Maggie
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Well, one thing you could consider is using a kerf like our 58-189. Now, there's a chance it may work as-is, but there's also a good chance it may not. If it doesn't, you could cut the kerfs off and then nail it to the bottom of the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.