Door with outside accessible lock

A home owner from Lakewood, Ohio says:
I currently have this sliding door handle/lock - that locks only from the inside and cannot be key-opened from the outside. I would like to replace it with one that can be opened, with a key, from the outside, which one should I order?? I looked at the 82-806, but it looks like the inside locking mechanism is different than the 1 I have -any suggestions, or do you know which 1 I should order to replace this one?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0668.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The 82-086 would work, except that its thumb lever and key lock are offset towards the bottom of the handle set, whereas you need something that's perfectly centered. If the inside handle and thumb lever are working fine, I'd just replace the outside pull with our 82-044. You can adapt the 82-315 Key Lock to this pull. The video below shows how. 

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.