Double Coil Balance Spring

Quick Learner from Langhorne,PA
Sep 29, 2022 10:09 pm

Attached find pictures of a double hung window with Coil Balance Springs. This is one of the top Coil Balance Springs which broke. The Springs are numbered 7, the Double Detent Clip is broke on the top this can be seen in the pictures as you can see both of the springs broke and need to be replaced. The width of the springs is 15/32; in your parts catalog it seems to be an 180-7 Coil Balance Spring, the Double Detent I located in your catalog is a 15-181. I can reuse the Balance Bushings. I need to know it these are the parts I need to repair my window. If you need additional information please let me know. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Andy

20220929_213408 20220929_213453 20220929_213428
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 4, 2022 3:01 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Your balance show looks like an older version of the 15-180, which uses the 1/2" wide S190 coil springs and the 15-181 double support that you mentioned. Take a look and see how the specifications shown on our product pages, as well as the parts shown under the related items section, compare to your original hardware. Thank you! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts