Double hung window parts

A handy person from Alsip Illinois says:
I need 4 of the metal bottom pieces, two top latches. A16 inch spring and two brake shoes. Any help would be greatly appreciative. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E4366358-0EA9-4CB4-B3D6-39C520AC3EBE.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Looks like you need a tilt latch, pivot bar, pivot shoe, and balance. Unfortunately, I can only identify your pivot bar and tilt latch from your third photo. These look like our 26-021 and 26-229, respectively. Carefully review our dimensions and let me know if you agree.

For the balance and pivot shoe, I'll need you to remove these from the window entirely so that we can get a good look at them. I'd especially like to see the hook your balance uses to clip to the shoe, the stamp printed on the balance, and how it installs at the top of the track. With that info I will do my best to find a good match.

Yes those look like what I need. These are the picks of others

Pivot shoe is 1/2 inch thick and 1 and 1/2 inches tall

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C081FD69-BF26-45CD-A24A-84A54BB32155.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FFDC9F0E-E2ED-4E38-9383-51429AE98562.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! Looks like you have a plain channel balance with a 16C stamp, which indicates that it is both 16" long and that a pair of them can lift sashes weighing 10 through 16 pounds. I recommend checking to confirm that information.

It also looks like you have a 15-170 clip at the bottom, which is designed to fit into the 15-169 pivot shoe. Does that look right to you?

If all that is accurate than your balance will have to be custom made. The 15-170 clip is not standard and we have to manually tie it onto the bottom of our Series 770. If that sounds good to you, please let me know how many balances you need and I can email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

You can use that order link to add the balances to your cart, that way you can checkout at the same time as the pivot shoe, pivot bars, and tilt latches.

1 balance please. All sounds good
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I'll email that to you right now. I'm also going to email you an additional order link for 2 balances. We usually recommend replacing both at the same time so that the newer one doesn't wear out too fast due to picking up the slack for the older balance. I figured I'd give you the choice, just in case.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.