Double hung window balance

A handy person from Malvern, PA says:

looking to get two balance assemblies for this window type. It is a triple window unit and I have replaced one of these before in another of the units. I don't recall if they came in left and rights, but I don't think they did. Could you please help with this order?

Thanks,

Nick 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4498.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Greeting, Nick. We will do all we can to help locate a replacement. Unfortunately, we can not recommend a replacement balance with the window sticker. The balance needs to be completely removed from the window and shown to us. If there are any stampings or markings on the part, please include clear photos of that for us to see. Thank you.

Ok, I will do that as soon as time permits. Will I be able to get back to this reply and upload?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Yes, you certainly can. We will be here when you're ready. 

Good morning,

I would need the white plastic spreader tool in order to take the old part out. Would you be able to send that to me? Alternatively I purchased this part within the last two years. Would you have a record of that? It may be under my name or my company name, Vastardis Consulting Engineers.

Thanks,

Nick

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Nick. If you give us an order number, we can do our best to look it up for you.

As for jamb spreaders, they can be purchased on our site whenever you wish. See our 75-069. If you wanted an alternate method of removal, we can look into it, but we'd need to know what type of balance you have first so that we know where to start. Even seeing your balance while installed would allow us to recommend alternatives.

That's helpful. I'll try and take a picture once the rain and tornado warnings are over.
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! We're getting slammed here by the weather, too, so I understand. We're here to help at your convenience.

does this photo help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4517.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Aha! That's perfect. I know exactly what this is. Well, I know of two things it could be: either the old discontinued Simonton brand coil balance system or simply an older version of the modern Certainteed brand coil balance system. The good news is that both brand balances install in more or less the same way.

I have a few different videos that I think will be helpful to you and I will share them here. The first one goes over this type of balance system and how the springs and shoes interact with one another. The second two videos just show you different methods of removing similar hardware. I hope this information helps!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.