Double hung windows with broken side pieces

A handy person from Grand Lake Colorado says:

My house was built in 2003. I believe the windows were built in Nebraska and shipped to the building site in Colorado. The windows appear to be very nice heavy windows, wood with metal cladding. The piece I am looking for is attached to both sides of the window and it goes into a spring to keep the window from staying in place when the window is opened.

Thank you!

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9175F884-5BC3-422F-844C-2B5A4A4AF88E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4E74F112-07AD-4538-BCCF-4A6279BF0D11.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It looks like you are in need of some new pivot bars. Take a look at our 26-150. Could these work for you?

A handy person from Grand Lake Colorado says:
I'm not sure that this would work. It is similar for the piece I broke. I just found out that Weather Shield built the windows I have. I talked to them but they no longer make this part and the window. They directed me to a couple websites but none of them have this part any longer. I'm not sure that yours will work with only one screw hole. Below is the original part from Weather Shield. Please let me know if you can find the Weather Shield part. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BC30B6D7-7D22-4C0B-AF3C-ACA130AA119D.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I wasn't able to find an exact replacement for this part. Our 26-150 is our closest match. Weather Shield changes their parts quite frequently so they're fairly difficult to come by. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.