Drainage hole

A home owner from New York says:
Hello -
I have a screened in porch that accumulates standing water in heavy rain. I need to make couple holes in thin metal or aluminum kick plates as shown on the attached photo. The rectangles are the low point of the floor. Not sure if a weep hole cover would work in this situation and if so does the back part of the weep hole need to be attached to some sort of retainer? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named drainage hole.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. I have worked with screened-in porches in the past, and I can honestly say that I have never come across a problem of water ponding. However, I can see why it happens if you only have screen panels--there's nothing to stop the water from coming in! I think your easiest solution would be to cut away any caulking at the bottom of the screens along the floor. Also, is the screen porch flooring higher than the out side grading? That could also be a problem not letting the water escape. Let me know what you think.

How to install a weep hole cover
How to install a weep hole cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.