Drawer slides for Thomasville dresser

A handy person from Wareham, MA says:
I need to replace a number of drawer slides for an old Thomasville dresser. The old ones use a ball bearing system - I uploaded some photos. Need either a direct replacement or something similar that will work for me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4679.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4682.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4683.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have this exact drawer track system, but our 32-053 is similar in design. Look it over and see if you think this would work for you as a substitute.

A handy person from Wareham, MA says:
The slide that you sent me looks like it would work, but I would really want something more heavy duty. The drawers on this dresser are solid oak and really heavy. Do you have another similar model which can handle more weight?
Profile picture of Tom

We do not, unfortunately. This is the only bottom mount track we carry at this time.

A professional from New London, CT says:
You need a center undermount drawer glide. Your origanal guide was made by a manufacturer in Yonkers, NY, called Corrax. This guide is no longer made and it seems that the manufacturer is out of business.

Be careful with your guides as the edges can be razor sharp.

Once the ball bearings fall out, the guide is a goner.

The replacement guide shown or provided to you are suitable for your dresser.

If you want to find a different guide, measure the piece inside the case of your Thomasville American Country dresser.

To aid with the takeout and reinstalling of guides, remove the stapled in back panel of your dresser, night stands, drawer chests, etc. Establish the front & center of the guide on the front rail of the dresser. Install its mate onto the bottom of your drawer. Install the drawer into the drawer cavity. For left-to-right alignment, go to the back of the dresser and "aim" or move the back of the guide until the front of the drawer is positioned evenly and not skewed. Install the back screw or screws of the guide into the back rib (or rail, or frame, if you will) of the dresser.

The replacement item shown or provided to you isn't quite right, as this type of drawer guide is one wich attaches to the inner back wall of the drawer cavity. Your inner back wall is a 1/8" thick piece of masonite, not at all meant to receive a rear mount drawer guide. The ribbing (the framework) inside your dresser is meant to be fitted with drawer guides. Look up Kenlin drawer guides and find the size that you need.

A handy person from Michigan says:
The rail system looks like it will work per your video. I don't see the top rail that is attached to the actual drawer. Is that included?

Tony
Profile picture of Tom

The 32-053 doesn't utilize a top rail. Instead, the flat drawer bracket that's included with the kit (32-032) screws to the back of the drawer and allows it to glide along the track.

A quick learner from Stilwell, KS says:
Did you end up replacing the center slides? Do you have any of the originals left over? I'd like to buy on set off you if your willing.
How to install a drawer track kit
How to install a drawer track kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Installing the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit
Installing the 32-053 Drawer Track Kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
Kenlin drawer replacements and adaptations
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.