Dresser Guide Wheel

A home owner from Annville, PA says:
My dresser drawer guide wheel broke. The first two attached photos show the side with the broken guide wheel, and the last two show the side that still has the guide wheel fully intact with bearings. The part number is K-V No. 1300 DL (Left side). Made by Kilian in Syracuse, NY. Are there replacement parts available? Where can I get them? Thank you, Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1935[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1936[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1939[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1941[1].JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Bob. We may very well be able to supply you with new wheels for your old track setup. Believe it or not, I actually like to use shower door wheels for drawers like this. I find they work very well despite being made for something completely different.

Before I recommend anything, though, can you tell me the diameter and thickness of the original wheel? Can you also confirm that the edge is rounded, and not flat? I think it is, but I admit that can be hard to tell from photos sometimes. 

Thanks!

A home owner from Annville, PA says:
Tom, The original wheel/bearing is 3/4 inch outer diameter and 1/2 inch inner diameter. The wheel/bearing itself is 1/4 inch in width. The last phot best shows how the wheel and bearings would slip over the "stub". Any insight would be helpful. Thank you, BOB
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! I should have clarified this before, so I apologize. You won't be able to fit anything over that stub. The only way you could do that is to get a hold of the exact original wheel, which I don't think has been made in a long time.

My solution does require more handiwork, but I think it will fix this drawer for many years to come. It will involve cutting off that stub and screwing one of our wheels in its place.

Based on your specs, I think our 10-102 wheel will work best. This is 3/4" in diameter and 1/4" thick. It also has a rounded edge. Once you can get rid of that stub, these would just screw on.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.