Drip rail issue

A home owner from California says:
Hello. I'd be grateful if you could offer any advice. We have an ancient chrome framed shower in some disrepair. I'm currently trying to find a door sweep for the end of the door, as the old one seems to have worn away. The weird thing about our drip rail is that it does not have the usual channel I guess you'd call it underneath. The previous piece of vinyl or rubber that wore away seemed to have just been held in place by the drip rail being screwed into door. No matter what I search for online, I just keep getting references to either frameless shower doors, or framed doors with drip guards that have this channel underneath.

I've posted some pictures. In the file named Pic 2, you can see the drip rail alongside the vinyl that it held in place. In file named Pic 3, you can see the bottom of the drip rail without the channel underneath to insert anything into.

I note a similar question asked here that sort of has the same condundrum https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Shower-door-sweep-question-77-90253

Thank you!
Tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pic 3.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Tom. I think you're better off seeing if you could replace the entire old drip rail with our 10-324, 10-325 or 10-326. Look them over and let me know what you think.

Thanks. 10-324 has both drip rail and vinyl included correct, but not screws?
Profile picture of Bob

It does not come with screws, no. The best screw will depend on how thick your door is. I recommend having a local hardware store set you up with sizes that will work for the kind of space you have available.

Hi again. Thanks. Does it come with the vinyl strip?
Profile picture of Bob

Yes it does.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.