Ducana Window Crank

A home owner from LONDON, ON says:
I'm pretty sure that this is a Ducana window. The crank in the opener wobbles and falls out when I use it. I have a video of this happening, but this link does not seem to accept videos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank part number.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like the hole where the handle goes stripped out. That's a common issue with this operator, so no video is necessary. I've seen it a thousand times.

We do sell the 39-226 replacement handle but that won't solve the issue of the hole being stripped out. One idea is to pack it out with scotch tape or to even use glue but those are obviously temporary solutions.

Ultimately you may want to consider an all new operator. They design these differently now so that this stripping is less of an issue; basically the operator is the male end and the handle is the female end. If you want to pursue this, show me a clear picture of the whole operator mechanism and I can match it up to something in our inventory. There are a few different styles depending on how the arms are configured so that will let me narrow it down.

A home owner from LONDON, ON says:
Sorry for the delay. I've been away. Here are 2 pics of the operator, inclusing the part #. Please indicate if/where I can buy the parts in Ontario, Canada
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank op-1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank op-2.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! This is a huge help. Your operator appears to be a match for our 39-429. We also sell the 39-430 for the opposite side. Look these over and let me know what you think.

We don't have any stores in Canada, unfortunately, but you can order these directly from our site at your convenience. We ship worldwide.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.