Dyad Operator

A quick learner says:
Looking for a Truth Dyad operator with a 4.5" arm. I have purchased the 39-187 & 39-188, and the 5" arm is not properly connecting. Can you think of any alternate solutions?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_62a3502bc6c38c32cf050d4c727b3b7a.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us! My first idea is to readjust the position of the sash bracket to make up the difference. I know that isn't ideal but I think it will work if you have room and don't mind drilling new holes. 

Another idea would be to swap the old and new operator link arms. You'll need the 62-014 rivet to do so. What you want to do is place the elbow of the link arm on a metal plate and hammer the 62-014 rivet until the skinny end mushrooms out and locks it in place.

A quick learner from Vermont says:
Guys, As suggested, swapping the longer for the shorter arm with after drilling out the rivet works great, I just did all my windows and it was slick, thanks for the discussions, and suggestions!!
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

That's awesome to hear! Let us know if we can be of further assistance and we'd be happy to help! 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.