ELL-1 Window balance hardware malfunction

A home owner from Abingdon, MD says:

The builder installed the 2 sash windows. One of them has broken lower sash tale pin as can be seen on the attached photos.

MFR: ELL-1

A-L-I VALIDATOR

SERIES: 200 SH/DW(712/713)

TYPE:SINGLE HUNG

QUESTION: What would you recommend to fix this problem?

If you have any questions please let me know

Tilt window balance:

L: 29.5 inch (could be 29 or 30)

Dia: 5/16 inch

2. Pivot Shoe:

L: 2 inch

W: 1 1/4 inch

D: 1/2 inch

3. Pivot Bar:

Please see photo. I couldn't take it out due to full size panel covering it. Looks like two small screws are holding at each end of the bottom of the lower sash. Removal is not as simple as the video on your web site. Any suggestion to remove them?

4. If it is not repairable, what would be your recommendation.

a. window repair shop?

b. New window? If this is the option.

Size of lower sash is

L: 30 inch top to bottom

W: 32 inch side to side

D: 1 1/4 inch

Looking forward to talking with you.Thank you,Vedat 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo 3 lower sash.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo 4 window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo 5 Series Type.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named photo 1 lower sash broken section.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We would be happy to help you but we will need to see your hardware removed from the window with exact dimensions to recommend the correct replacements for you. We've related some videos demonstrating the removal process for spiral balances pivot shoes and pivot bars to assist you. 

Keep in mind that the diameter of your balance should be 3/8" or 5/8" and that the length should end on an even inch. Thank you!

A home owner from Abingdon, MD says:
Thank you for getting back to me.
The pivot bars are seized. Don't know how to take them out unless there is a tool for it. This is my main concern at this moment.
I will try to get the pivot shoe out by cutting the plastic as show on the video. I will then be able to send you the photo and exact dimensions.
I took one of the balances off. I will be able to measure and send you exact measurement.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our video below for removing your pivot bars. You also have the option of removing a pivot bar from an identical window in the house if you're having a hard time removing your broke hardware. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.