EMCO Forever Security Storm door lock

A quick learner from USA says:
I found your company online, I can't believe you are in Camden NJ!

I have an EMCO Forever Security Storm door that I installed over 25 years ago. The door is in great working order, but the lock no longer works.

I am forwarding pictures of the cylinder and the handle set.

The door handle set is 7 inches long.

I noticed on your site that you were recommending a specific replacement model 40-049 for one person who seems to have the same handle as my door.

The 40-049 is 1/8 larger than mine. It is 6 5/8" instead 6 1/2".

The distance from the bottom screw to mid handle is 4 1/2".

Would this one work?

Any assistance would be appreciated
door lock
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm familiar with this part. I don't believe this lock is still available, unfortunately. What I have done in the past was replace the handle with the 40-049 complete handle set. Could that work for you?
A quick learner from Riverside NJ says:
Good morning the 40-049 is 1/8 larger than the one currently on my door. It measures 6-5/8 instead 6-1/2.

The distance from the bottom screw to mid handle is 4-1/2.

Would 40-049 be an appropriate replacement?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I haven't been able to find anything closer to your dimensions. Would you be able to drill new holes to accommodate the different size?
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.