END PIECES FOR BALANCES

A home owner from Lakewood, CO says:

Hi I have several vinyl generic windows that are all in need of new balances. There are two window sizes at this point I wanted to replace the balances in, 4 windows that are marked with the stamped numbers 3230, 33 inches long, 4 windows marked with 2630, 27 inches long. There are some other letters perpendicular to these numbers you can see in the first photo.

I also need to be sure about the end pieces.

1. Are they the 385 series? I thought I would send these photos so you could tell me the right ones to buy.
  2. Is it possible to go up one weight level on the balance so that the windows are extra easy to lift? My wife and I are getting older and find it hard to lift the windows. I thought if I added some spring power they would be easier to lift for us and they might last a bit longer.
  3. With a total of 16 balances (8 of each size, does that meet the requirement for a discount or do they have to all the the same size?

Thanks for your help,

I'll get my order placed as soon as I hear from you,

James

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5872.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5873.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5874.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5875.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! I'm afraid that I cannot determine if you  have the Series 385 or not. That is dependent on the depth of the bottom fitting; if your depth is 1-3/32", then the Series 385 is what you want. If it's 1", then you want our Series 380 instead. When measuring the depth of the bottom fitting, make sure to account for wear; in other words, consider that the depth may be a little less than it was.

You don't want to use a stronger spring than you need. That will make the window easier to open but harder to close. If it's too strong, not only will you struggle to close it, but it will drift open after you do so. Consider balance strength like Goldilocks' porridge: not too strong, not too weak, but just right.

In order to qualify for a quantity discount, all balances must be the same product code. I apologize for the inconvenience.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.