EPI Lock latch

A home owner from Santa Rosa says:
Hi,
I'm trying to contact EPI and the phone number has been disconnected.
I thought since you Carry their parts for Windows you could help.
My problem is I want the extended lock latch to be able to lock my window leaving 4-6" Of window open. I have these. Do you know if they make them taller for my purpose? Other suggestions?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B36A37D-5FDE-40E5-845E-DD6DB74B3EE7.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to replace this lock, but I'm not sure that I understand your request. I don't know of any lock with this design that lets you open the window by a couple inches. That sounds like you want something like a vent lock instead. We carry a bunch of different kinds, which you can see here. Could you be looking for one of these instead?

A home owner from Santa Rosa says:
Thank you Tom,
I looked at the other locks and have no idea what I need or what would work.
Basically I want to open a window 2-4" and li k so no one can get in.
Which one of these can do that a dare easiest to install.
Metal would be more durable than plastic.

Any help appreciated.

Meridith

Oh,I still need 1 lock as pictured that I sent. Might get a few more too.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

So, with that description in mind, and assuming you don't have any existing vent locks on your window, then you should consider our 26-387. I believe this will serve the role you want. The video below will go into more detail as to how these work.

Concerning the lock, can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes? Please make sure to only measure from the center of each hole, not their edges.

How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.