Eagle Casement Window crank

Home Owner from Detroit, Michigan
May 8, 2024 8:24 pm

Swisco:

Eagle Casement Window Crank "skips" when the window is about 2/3 open.

Looks like the rotary gear is moved aside by the worm gear when cranking at about the 2/3 open position.

Any idea what parts I need to correct this?

Maybe the hinge pins and arm connectors need lubrication?

I have video and stills if that would help.

Thanks,

Bob W

eagle casement operator eagle casement operator eagle casement operator
3 user uploaded images
4 Replies
May 9, 2024 9:40 am
Just adding format
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 7:56 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us, Bob. It sounds like the operator has a worn or missing gear tooth doing the skipping. To ensure it is not the hinge, disconnect the operator from the window and try operating it by hand. While you are opening and closing the window you should feel the skip. If not, then you will need to replace the operator. 

However, I'm sorry to say that we don't sell a match for yours. The 39-032 is similar but your operator's base is much smaller than ours so you'd have to adapt the wooden sill for it to fit. Even then, we can't promise it will work. I sincerely apologize that we can't offer a suitable replacement. 

May 13, 2024 11:02 am
Dave, okay- thanks for looking into this-I'll try disconnecting the operator and see what happens.
Again, thanks for the help.

Bob
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 11:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No problem, Bob. We wish you the best of luck with your repair. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts