Emco Screen Door Lock and handle

A home owner from Oceanside NY says:

Hello

This is an old screen door. I have the same screen doors on the front and side doors. I locked the front and it will not open. the spin on the lock is stripped and I now need to remove the whole handle to get out. there are no model or serial numbers on the door. The handle says Emco Des Moines Iowa. PAPNZ Height of side lock panel is 7 9/16. Width is 3/4".  I am not sure what to buy to fix these doors.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door lock.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Complete door.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

I'm afraid this lockset is not made anymore, but take a look at our 40-049 as a possible substitute. Compare our dimensions to yours and see if this matches what you need. 

A home owner from Naperville, IL says:
Where on your website can I find all dimensions for the 40-049 i.e. screw locations, length, width so I can compare with my old EMCO handle set
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Pricing and detailed dimensions can be found on the 40-049's product page. 

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.