Extended-Travel Channel Balance Quote

A quick learner says:
Length = 25 and 5/8"
Stamp - 25 9
Manufacturer - Milgard
The window does not tilt. If I need to send pictures of the other balance that is not broken to help identify it, please let me know. I will need to take the window apart again to take pictures of the other one. I weighed it on a food scale (I don't have a regular scale) and it weighs 10 and 3/4 ounces.
I need 2 balances to fix 1 window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7584.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7588.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7589.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7590.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can absolutely supply this balance, but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. Thankfully, your photos are great and tell us everything we need to get started.

What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote that will let you add 2 to your cart. You can then checkout as normal.

Please let me know if you had any questions!

A home owner from Erie, CO says:
Hi,
My Case #259166 expired. Could you send me a new quote? I will order before this one expires.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, I'd be happy to. I'll email you a new quote right now.

A home owner from Erie, CO says:
Hello,
I received my order for the channel balance. When I tried to fix my window, I found out that the plastic piece on the window is also broken.
Do you also sell this piece? I have included some photos.

Thanks,
Cherie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7993.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7991.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7992.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, that would be the top sash guide. Yours looks like the old Milgard style. They don't make this anymore, but I've used our 18-009 to replace it and found that it works pretty well. The only catch is that you have to trim down the top edges to fit in the channel, since they stick out some. Give it a look and see what you think.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

A home owner from Erie, C) says:
Thank you, I will order the top sash guides. What tool would you use to trim down the top edges?
Profile picture of Tom

I usually use a razor, but if you go that route just make sure to wear safety gloves. I can't tell you how many times I've nicked myself trying to cut nylon without gloves.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.