Face guide

A handy person from Temple Terrace, FL says:
The 4 Face Guide pop in holes for my window are all 3/8 inch long X 1/8 inch wide rectangles. Will the 67-014 pop in Face Gide fit into this opening?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I just measured the prongs for the 67-014 and they are approximately 3/8" wide by 1/8" deep. It sounds like this could potentially work for you, yes.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional photos. After looking at these photos, I would still agree with Tom's recommendation of the 67-014. Look over our measurements once more and let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks Tom. I will add the pics to identify the top sash guide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0920.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0921.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0922.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

My apologies. In the additional photos you sent us, I am not seeing a top sash guide at all. If you could please remove it and send us additional photos with measurements for us to view, we will search for what you need. Your top sash guide should look something like the diagram below. 

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009
Please answer my question about the correct top sash guide based on the picture I sent...?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0922.JPG
Dear Paul,

If I could see it I would remove it. Since it is not there, I can not take it out and send it to you or measure it etc. There are no top sash guides in either of my two windows. I thought the picture is intended to provide you with the ability to make an educated guess. In my earlier email, I suggested that Part # 18-053 looks close at 5/8 inch... You guys have seen a lot of Florida windows, so .... Do windows with 4 face guides need top sash guides? I will need a charging tool to facilitate removing the window. Thanks...
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, without seeing the original top sash guide, it will be extremely difficult to identify what you need. These are very specific parts with a lot of variable details. All I can tell from your photos is that your top sash guide is missing. There are no other clues or details that can help us narrow it down further.

Our selection of top sash guides used for spiral balances isn't too big, which you can see here, but even then I don't know where to start. Depending on the age of your window it's possible that we don't currently carry your top sash guide. It could be too old, or it could be something we've simply never had the opportunity to bring in before. I have no way of knowing without more of a reference.

Even if we knew the brand of your window, that wouldn't tell much. Most brands use generic hardware. The 67-014 face guide, for example, is used on about a million different windows. Knowing the brand could maybe scratch a few possibilities off the list, but the only way to be 100% sure is to have an old one on hand. If you don't have another window in the house of the same make that still has its top sash guides, then I would recommend contacting an older hardware store who is familiar with homes specifically in your area. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help.

Thanks fellas. I ordered the #67-014 face guides. I took the window out. It appears no top sash guides were ever installed. It does not appear to require top sash guides since it appears the aluminum channel face guides take up the window slack. Since, the channel width is 11/16, I ordered #18-007 as the width is a match and the 3/8 diameter red spiral balance should slide right through... We shall see... :)
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good to me! Thank you very much for ordering with us and please let us know how it works out. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.