Face-mount window lock keeper

A home owner from New Jersey says:
I am looking for a Metal version of this window lock keeper. I do not know the window manufacturer unfortunately. The part is about 3 inches wide and is bolted on the face of the sash as shown. The original keeper is plastic and I am looking to find a metallic version.
User submitted a photo of a window keeper.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think I've seen this keeper before, but it's no longer available in metal. Many window manufacturers are starting to use plastic versions of their locking hardware to cut down on the use of die cast metals. We have a similar keeper in our 90-282, which is metal, but its dimensions may be different. Check them out and let me know.

If you want to stick with the plastic-type, we would be happy to research that for you, as well.
A home owner from NJ says:
Thanks, the 90-282 looks like it would do the trick. However, the "tongue" which the latch/lock grabs when locking (not sure the correct term) seems a bit shallow or not long enough. My main purpose of switching from plastic to metal is for security. The plastic are easily broken by a would-be burglar. But the shorter "tongue" length would seem to offset the extra strength of the metal.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe the tooth of the 90-282 keeper will be long enough to grab the tongue of your lock. If you're worried about security, you may want to also consider some vent locks, specifically our 26-387. Watch the video below to see how they work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)