Farley Window Tilt Latch Part

A handy person from Downingtown, PA says:
Hello, I'm trying to find a replacement Farley window tilt latch part and would like some help identifying it. Windows were installed in May, 2007. I have had these replaced by the installer in the past but would prefer to do it myself for convenience reasons. I've made comparisons to your parts 26-419/420 & 26-243/244. All of the dimensions on my parts match your #243 & 419 with the exception of the "tab" dimension; #419 is 3/8" and #243 is 3/16" while my part is more like 3/32".
I would like to purchase 25 each right & left hand parts. I have several windows that need them plus I'll have spares.

If more info is needed, let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1603.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1600.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1601.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1602.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Steve. We actually did sell this latch at one time, which had that 3/32" clip placement, but it was discontinued a few years ago and is currently not something that we can sell.

These days I usually recommend the 26-243 and 26-244 as a replacement. In my experience these still fit very well, even if they don't snap in the same way, and there is no risk of them falling out or coming out of place because of the way the sash presses against the frame. It's also generally still a snug fit.

Thanks Tom,
I'll give the 26-243 & 26-244 a try. If they work I'll order 25 of each.

Thanks for the advice & support.
Steve
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome. Please let me know how they work out or if you run into any issues. We're always here to help as best as we can.

Hi Tom,
I received the parts 26-243 & 26-244 and installed them without any problems. You were correct about the fit since they were slightly different than my original parts. I'll now order a bunch for each side to replace the broken ones and a few spares.

Thanks again for your help
Steve
Profile picture of Tom

That's fantastic news, thanks for confirming! Please let me know if we can be of any help in the future.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.