Figuring out what operator to use

A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:
You have two types of cranks, one with a single arm ( Wood-Window-Crank-9-inch/pd/Casement-Window-Replacement-Operators/39-020 ) and one with two arms ( EntryGard-Operator-9-1_2-inch-Arm-Left-Handed/pd/Casement-Window-Replacement-Operators/39-031 ). In what situation do you use the one arm vs the two arm?

I have an old 1929 house that has push-out casement windows that I want to add hand crank operator and want to order the correct one. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you send us some photos to better assist you and find the right operator? Thank you!
A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:
Here are some pictures.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I believe the 39-031 operator would be a lot more work to install. You might be better off using something like the 39-020, along with the 39-520 track. We also have the older style 39-077 push bar and the older style 39-268 operator. I feel that one of these would be a better choice being that they are a made to be use with old style wood windows like you have.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.