Finding out the color on the balance rod

A handy person from Miami, FL says:
Hello,

The color on the original Spiral Balance rod is Yellow. The weight of the window is 45LBS. The length of the rod is 22", the diameter is 15mm.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Mark
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mark! Before I can recommend an applicable replacement spiral balance, I just need to know one more thing--is your window tilt, or non-tilt?
A quick learner says:
Non tilt.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks, Mark! Now, please take a look at our 5/8" Diameter Spiral Balances for Non-Tilt Windows. As you can see, we have a few Series in this category. Which one more closely resembles your own? Once you let me know what Series you have, we can work on the best color tip option!
A quick learner says:
Series 500 looks like the closest one.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! It looks like you want our S500-22. Now, we have two standard tip colors for this spiral balance, however neither of them are strong enough to support a window of 45 pounds. Can you confirm the weight of your sash? Can you also confirm the length of the balance tube? Let me know!
A quick learner says:
The length of the rod is 22" the weight of the window is 45LBS. so two of the spirals wouldn't be able to hold a 45LBS window?
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. For this balance, the strongest tip we have is black, but that will only hold up to 40 pounds, so I don't think it will work for you. Could we perhaps see a few pictures of your balance? That will help us find what you have, and the best substitute that you need.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.