Fire rated interior door

A home owner from Ontario Ca says:
Hello. I'm not sure of the weight of the door, however, I believe its fire rated so heavier then you bedroom hollow core door. This door leads from the garage to the inside of the house. Would this item work? Or would you suggest buying two?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if the 32-507 will work for you, either. You really should get the weight of your door, if you can. That way you can be 100% sure.

The 32-507 could work if you adjust the spring, but normally a closer like the 79-252 is used and specified for fire doors. The fire codes in your area might not like the 32-507 closer so you have to be careful.

Installing an Automatic Safety Door Closer
Installing an Automatic Safety Door Closer
VIDEO
WATCH >
Installing the 32-507 automatic safety door closer
Installing the 32-507 automatic safety door closer
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.