Fix broken off bottom corner of tilt window

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
Someone broke the left side corner attachment that the tilt window slides up and down and tilts on. After lots of googling I think that it's called a pivot shoe. I know it's not a great picture but can you identify it for me for replacement? You have so many and I don't know which one to purchase. Also, if you can explain how to replace it or point me to a video, I think I can do it. -Jen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5E17F076-C4AC-4897-9180-35EEDDD7BB04.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0903D529-7291-49FE-8C93-23C2FFC12448.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jen,

Take a look at our 15-175 pivot shoe and see how the dimensions compare to yours once it's removed from the window. Also, see the videos we've related to assist you with the replacement process. Thank you!

A quick learner from berwyn il says:
how do i replace part number 15-175
Profile picture of Casey

Have you seen our video below that demonstrates using the cutout method to remove a pivot shoe?

Hello. I ordered the pivot shoe, but I see a problem with the video you sent. (It is in the mail and hasn't arrived yet) My window has a spring attached to the shoe not a bar that spins and the broken pivot shoe is stuck on the bottom of the window and will not budge, the metal part is pretty broken and I do not see how to turn it. The spring isn't attached to the broken shoe at this point and nothing is showing me how to reattach it. Thanks for your help. BTW my pivot shoe is in the mail and hasn't arrived yet.

-Jen
Profile picture of Casey

I'd have to see a photo of your balance to be sure, but you most likely have channel balances. We have a video for replacing those as well shown below. The original video I sent you was just for removing the pivot shoe, which is the same process aside from the way that the balance attaches to the pivot shoe. 

So it is a spring. On the left is the broken side. The spring is still attached and the piece the window hooks into is jammed in the bottom. The picture on the right is the good side. I need to know how to get it loose from it's current position and how to disconnect it from the spring. Then how to get the old piece out, get the new piece in, and reattach the new piece to the spring. That spring is pretty tightly wound and I don't want it flying out and hurting me. Thanks for your help. I do the new new piece here now.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8BC3FB86-28EB-4C1C-B35E-E4539EA9B24B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Great, it definitely looks like the 15-175 that we recommended in our original response, which uses the S152 coil springs. Follow the video below showing the removal and installation process of a coil balance. 

Thank you! I got it done:) I was afraid that the spring would fly out and put my eye out if I didn't do I right, but your videos showed me that it was actually very simple. Thank you again for all your help.
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help! Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.