Fixed glass panel clip for patio door

A quick learner from Vicksburg, MS says:
Dear Swisco.com;

Looking for a part to replace the one pictured. Similar in appearance to 80-051 from Swisco.com, but 051's dimensions won't fit.

My clip was 4" long, 1 21/32" wide. Holes for the panel are 29/32" apart, holes for the wall are 15/16" apart. The recess is 3/8" deep, slightly less than 1 1/4" from the wall end.

There are no identifying manufacturer marks nor part numbers.

The panel is resting on the lower clip and has pivoted down and outward, so the photo showing how it is attached is not quite how the panel is held when mounted properly.

Something similar to panel clip base and cover 80-049 could work, but the dimensions for that also will not fit - holes are too far apart for both wall and panel.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7AEDE777-3DC1-44A9-92AB-A86D4371D864.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AE66A5EE-D896-4D4C-BC0B-440184D6E4D1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 688EA3D6-5914-4DCC-BB49-075E6BD73A73.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A7FCFA69-D315-4DDD-8719-5C2ED3284269.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that we don't have anything that matches your dimensions, but I find that those dimensions don't always have to be exactly. There is usually plenty of room on the door for these stops to install. Have you tried the 80-051? If you did, what dimension proved to be a problem, specifically?

I haven't ordered 80-051, since it doesn't appear to fit.

The problem is the width. The frame of the patio door panel is 1 3/4" wide, but the clip flares out to 2" wide. Since 80-051 is almost 4" long, I would have to jam it up right against the frame, like how the old clip is pictured in the door opening. The clip's flared edge is in the way. Cutting the flares off the clip so it will fit isn't a good option either because that would take the reinforcement braces at the top and bottom, leaving only the one in the middle.

There is one dimension not noted in the picture for 80-049. What are the dimensions of the recess? It is about 3/8" deep, 1 7/8" tall, but how long? (Asking about the recess along the side 1 13/16" long, which is for both the recessed part and the part not recessed. In the picture with measured dimensions for two pieces, it is along the bottom of the top piece.)
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Out of the two stops listed. the 80-051 seems to have the closest dimensions to what you need. I believe your stop is an earlier style of the 80-051

Reading your post, I'm not sure I understand you when you say that it flares out to 2", which would be in the way. Looking at your photos it looks like it should fit. These stops were used on Silverline and American Craftsmen vinyl patio doors. The missing dimensions for the offset on the 80-049 is 1-1/4" long by 3/8". However between the two I believe your should be able to adapt the 80-051 to your Patio door. 

If you haven't taken a look at the video yet, I would so now. See if that can help you make the choice.

Ok, that information is what I needed.

Thank you.

I will be placing an order soon.

Paul
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.