Fixing a Wenco single hung tilt window pivot shoe and spiral balance

A quick learner from ny says:
The pivot shoes on about half of my Wenco windows are broken. Not sure which one to get. Thanks for your help !!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named unnamed.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named unnamed (1).jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We may be able to replace this pivot shoe, but it would be best to see it out of the window. If you could provide the width and thickness of the shoe, that is also crucial for identification. If you need help removing the shoe, see the video below.

Dear Bob,
Thanks for getting back to me! The width is 1" and the thickness is 9/16". Similar to the ones in photo#3. The problem is those shoes do not have the correct metal cam to fit the pivot bar in my windows. The video is excellent! Hope hope you can help me solve my problem. Thanks !!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0576.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0577.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-0578.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the reply! Ah, this is not an uncommon problem. In this case, your best bet would be to go for new pivot bars that are compatible both with your window sash and the new cams. I believe something like our 26-021 might be what you need, but you'll have to confirm that the distance between the center of each mounting hole and the tip that fits into the cam, matches what you need. 

Thanks Bob! Will give that a try !!
Profile picture of Bob

Awesome, thank you! Please let us know how it works out.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.