Flared pivot bar

A quick learner from MD says:
I need to replace a missing pivot bar the remaining pivot bar looks very much like 26-021, except that it has a flare below the head. Do you have a replacement product for this?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3135.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I do think the 26-021 is promising. So long as the shape of the tip as well as the hole spacing matches, it seems like a good candidate. I don't believe that collar yours has makes a big difference in pivot shoe compatibility. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks for the reply. I already tried 26-021, but without the collar the pivot bar just slips back in the channel when I try to insert the window back into the track. I see from the 26-021 product description that there are supposed to be fasteners, but because the original has the collar, there are no fasteners (which you can see in the photo of the remaining pivot bar). Any suggestions for fasteners? Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

If you look at your old pivot bar, you will see a hole for a set screw. Originally there should have been one there. Take the new pivot bar to your local hardware store and try out a #6 X 3/8" truss head screw to see if it will fit the pivot bar. I think it will but you should definitely test it to be sure.

Thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it!
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.