Flexibility of the bubble

Home Owner from Ohio
Aug 27, 2009 4:25 pm
I can not find the manufacturer of my casement windows on any part of the window so I can't go to a particular site and buy what I need. I removed the old bubble seal which was existent but the bubble part was split down the length of the bubble. The measurements for 58-053 are correct but my question is this. Is the bubble part of the seal (58-053)really thin and flexible? I tried some bubble seal from my local hardware but the rubber was too thick and the bubble would not compress enough for me to shut the window. The bubble part needs to be very thin and flexible. Thanks.
1 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Aug 28, 2009 5:38 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

The rubber bubble of the 58-053 is thin, about 1/32" thick. I tried to take a picture showing you the flexibility but I am not sure if it will help. Let me know if there is any other way I can help explain the bubble's flexibility.

Photo of the 58-053 bubble seal being compressed.
Photo of the 58-053 bubble seal being compressed.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts