Floating Lock Handle

A quick learner from Falls Church, Virginia says:
I'm confident your model 38-095 or 38-096 is the correct part to replace my broken casement window lock. The problem is the lock handle itself. It free floats (doesn't lock or unlock) and the window is closed and in the locked position. How do I remove the handle itself? Once the handle is removed, I can use the info from your other videos to open the window and remove/replace the lock.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us! We actually have a video about this very issue which I've posted below. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you for the reply. The video will be very helpful once I get the handle itself removed. Any recommendations on how to remove the handle?
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid the handle lever is not meant to be removed. We recommend trying the credit card trick. What you can do is use a credit card, an expired gift card, or something else that's thin and slip it between the window and the frame and try to move the lock mechanism upward. With this method, you'll want to move the tie bar and lock in the way shown at 0:28 in the video above. If you're able to move the tie bar in this way, there's a chance the window will unlock.

Ok. I'll try the card trick. Thanks for the reply and info.
Profile picture of Emily

No problem. Let us know how you make out and if you have any additional questions! 

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.