Where to install bypass closet door floor guides 23-029B

A home owner from Newport Oregon says:
I am thinking of replacing our bipass closet door tracks with the subject items. My doors are 3/4" thick so might work. But where the guides would be placed and how many are needed for each pair of doors is unkown by me. Please tell me if you can whether 3 for each closet would do the job.

I'm picturing one in the middle which would be actively guiding both doors at all times and one toward each end of the door runs. But wouldn't the end ones be sticking up where one might step with a door open, if not placed at the edge of the run where they couldn't effect the guide activity very well.

Hmmmm....would love to talk to someone who knows this. Thanks, -Ron in Oregon
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Ron! Thanks for contacting us. Wouldn't you know, I recently installed some new floor guides on my own closet doors at home. Now, I used our 23-200, but the same principle applies. I just installed one in the middle between the two doors and they work fine. What do you think?
How to replace a closet door floor guide
How to replace a closet door floor guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.