Florida Extruder International Series 1000 Parts

A quick learner from Florida says:
I have a number of windows where the sash balance and pivot shoe are failing from corrosion. We are near the ocean in Fl. The balance has 27D stamped on it. The channel is a true 1/2" deep not 5/8". I need 22 balances and 22 pivot shoes. I measured the pivot shoe with a caliper and it is 17/32" thick, 63/64" wide and 2" long. My home was built in 2006 if that helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

You can start by comparing our S770-27 channel balance with a 27D strength option to yours. We'd also need to see your pivot shoe removed from the window, as well as confirm the exact width and thickness since you can't get accurate measurements while the shoe is still installed, to recommend a replacement. Thank you!

A quick learner from Florida says:
The balance looks like it will work. Here are some photos of the pivot shoe removed. The dimensions are exact using a caliper so you probably have to round up. It is 2" long, 63/64" wide and it is 17/32" deep. I tried 2 different shoes and the cam opening was too small. My pivot bar is 5/16" wide.
Enclosed are photos of each. I don't care if the pivot shoe looks like this as long as it works even if I have to put in new pivot bars.
Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe front.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe in channel.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Other customers with this type of window have used our 15-173 pivot shoe. The pivot shoe is 31/32" wide by 9/16" thick and it will accept your 5/16" X 3/16" pivot bar. Take a look and see what you think.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.