Florida Home

A quick learner from Florida says:
Just bought a house in FL with older mirrored bifold closet doors. Structurally doors are in good condition however white plastic inserts in tracks are worn and I'm assuming pins should be replaced as well. I obviously need to clean up interior as part of refurbishing project.

Swisco came recommended by a neighbor as a good source for replacement parts although they said they never used dealt with you. Hopefully these pictures will help identify brand of door and parts needed since I can find no brand labeling anywhere on them. The house was built in early '80s
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D669C1C3-7578-4702-968C-B3F0D705EED3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 70AD14A4-C3A3-411D-AE6A-6566610D51B7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F0BFA8A-9E5E-42BF-80CE-048086951AC9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2D5E5FF1-1DC3-43F1-87F9-F74F57CC37D5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A273ABB2-BFB6-4CB0-9C7F-BDFBF35DF77E.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. The White Guides in your photos look like our 21-108. They are compatible with a bunch of different types of pins, so if you need new pins as well, we need to see a photo of each out of the door. Specifically, we need to see the complete pin assemblies. We will also need the diameter of both the pins and caps. From there, we should be able to narrow down possible replacements.

A quick learner from Florida Home says:
So I believe my hinge pins are okay but I'm uncertain how I can tell if they are worn. After spending time reading some other responses I'm guessing that the white guides are worn enough that the pins no longer stay nested in them. I'm also gathering that in order to replace those guides I need to remove the track and slide them in from the end. Would I then snap the pins into the guides by exerting enough force to pop them into place or is this all done prior to inserting the replacement guides into the track?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of assistance. Yes, you will need to remove the track to install the 21-108 Nylon Guides. You will need to add some force to snap in the pins into the guide. Let me know if you have any other inquiries. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.