Foam Spline longevity

A handy person from Phoenix, AZ says:
I have to replace some screening on a patio enclosure that faces south and is in the Phoenix, AZ area. My concern about the foam is whether it would hold up as well as the vinyl spline under the intense sun and heat we get here. I will need approx. 220' of spline for this project.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have used this foam spline for re-screening window screen inserts in the New Jersey area for years and honestly no one has asked the question before. With the hot sun I guess it could turn brittle from the ultra violet rays.

I sent this query to the manufacturer but I have not heard back from them. If they get back to me with more info I will update this discussion.
A handy person from Phoenix, AZ says:
Dave from SWISCO,

Thank you for your reply. I would appreciate hearing what the manufacturer has to say.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I spoke with the manufacturer today regarding this issue. They have had their foam spline tested according to the AAMA 702 Category 1 specifications for how the product would hold up to intense heat. They tested the product for twelve straight days alternating the temperature and light between roughly 120 and 113 degrees every four hours. The product did very well under these intense conditions. After twelve days the product had between 0.0% to 0.1% shrinkage.
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.