Folding windows

A home owner from USA says:
Hello Customer Service,

The pictures is of one of the working windows - the windows not working are missing the bar that connects to the window to the arms as demonstrated in the close up picture.

I need at least two full assemblies.IMG 14 thru 19 are from the broken assembly.

Img 20 is from a window that is working perfectly - from what I see the broken windows has a missing piece that connects the window to the folding arms.

measurement the two arms that extend from window are 7'' - the arms connected to these two arms are 6.6'' The connector that connect the Arms to the windows lips is 4 and a quarter inches. I looked for ID numbers but could not find them - Is there any place I should look ?

If you like call me if you need any additional info.

Thanks -
Richard
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0014.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0015.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0016.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0018.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0020.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Richard. I'm afraid that we don't have an operator that matches what you show here exactly. Would it be possible to see the assembly out of the window? I'd like to see the whole thing altogether in one shot; base, arms, and all. That will help me determine if this is something that we can supply for you.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for taking an interest in solving this issue.

Let me see if I can take out the full assembly - It will depend on how easy it will be to take apart.

Would you know if I can retrofit a different arm assembly ? Maybe one that you are familiar with ?

Thanks

Richard

Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure if you could use something different. That will depend on what you're going to show me, especially the design of the base. Truth be told, I'm not optimistic. In most cases, operators like yours have to be pretty exact. I'll do my best to find something identical when I see what you have.

Hello Tom

What do they call these windows ? I am trying to do some research on this end.

I will send pic to you tomorrow
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

This is an awning window. Your particular operator looks like it was made by "Ashland". We unfortunately don't carry this hardware brand. We do carry Truth brand hardware, which may be worth considering, but they work a little differently. Looking at your window you might be able to use Truth sash brackets like the 39-170 or 39-177 without changing the complete operator, assuming that your operator is in good working condition. 

Tom - I think I got it figured out. I thought I was missing a part to connect the bracket arms to the window....It was a DA moment.. I now see how they connect and lock to the window.

Much Appreciate your service and perseverance - Also it was helpful knowing the Brand name and type of window.

Many Thanks for your help - All the best in the New Years.

Richard
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! You as well. If you run into any issues, please let me know.

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.