For vertical sliding window

A quick learner from Californa says:
I have a couple of vertically sliding windows (each is a single sash). One of those does not stay up. The only label I could find says
MFGR: AAP-011-3
Series: 3700/3750

From the above, I couldn't figure the manufacturer. I am trying to know what part do I need to fix it. Most likely, there is a some kind channel on the two sides of the sash. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

You are correct. It sounds like you need to replace your balances. If you could remove the balances from the side of the window and take some photos that would be great. Please include the stamp and nylon attachments on either end of the metal channel in your photos. 

Here is a video that should guide you in how to remove the balances from the window. 

I hope this helps! 

A quick learner from San jose says:
Attached are the pictures from the balance from the other window next to it (and working fine). It has a number 2730 on it. The length seems to be 28 inches and the width is .5 inch.

Attached is the picture of the sash as well, which seems to have a broken plastic piece at the end (called sash cam I think).

I am still trying to figure hr manufacturer name from the AAMA label though.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2890.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7401.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7445.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9140.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for providing photos. You would need to go with either our Series 390 or Series 351 channel balance based on the depth of your bottom balance.

The sash cam you are referring to is known in the industry as a top sash guide. As for what it is, we are not 100% sure. I have a part in mind, but before I recommend it, we'd like to have you remove an undamaged version of the part and show us a photo of it from the front, and the side. Once we have that, we can get back to you with more information.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.